We were making the wrong decisions based on assumptions that we had held to be true. The PTAI analysis revealed that we were not as competitive as we had believed. Our performance paradigms clearly had to be changed at the top and throughout the organization.”
“We did not fully understand how the margins on various product lines could be optimized. When we were able to see our costs in a true competitive context for the first time, we made some dramatic changes in our sales strategies that almost immediately improved our gross margins.”
SVP, Sales and Marketing
“We realized that our sales incentives did not fit our competitive strategy.”
Director of Sales
“Our competitive position had changed, but we were able to learn why and how to change course with reliable information. The type of benchmarking cleared our vision and gave us the facts to act.”
The Industry Leader in Benchmarking Polymers
While business conditions are improving, the current environment is still challenging, putting tremendous pressure on companies to become more efficient and cost competitive. PTAI's track record puts it at the forefront of executing benchmarking programs for polymer plants around the globe.
The motivations and objectives of companies who participate in a benchmarking project are as diverse as the projects themselves. These are some of the more common objectives that our Clients have in participating in a peer group/benchmarking project:
- to quantify and understand their strengths and weaknessess relative to others in their industry
- to gain insight into their competitive position in their industry (or industry sector) on a regional or global basis
- to make changes in costs and operating practices that impact efficiencies across the enterprise
- to make discoveries allowing management to re-allocate capital and other resources for certain business units or for the company overall
- to determine how well their company (or business unit) is actually performing in the marketplace, rather than just against its own historical data
Benchmarking programs executed by PTAI ensure complete confidentiality of all parties and are in full anti-trust compliance.
Learn more about the benefits of benchmarking >>
We help you drive performance across your enterprise using a plant performance dashboard which is based on both industry and intra-company data.
Contact Phillip Townsend Associates >>